Joe joined Morgenthaler in 2005 and in 2012, along with Partners Peter Taft and Karen Tuleta, formed MPE Partners. As an MPE Partner, Joe is actively involved in all elements of deal origination, due diligence, structuring, negotiation, and portfolio management. Joe previously served as Chairman of United Pipe & Steel, Trachte, and DreamLine and as a director of Polytek Development Corp., B&E Group and Voeller Solutions. Joe also served as a director of Enginetics Aerospace, RotoMetrics, Ryan Herco Flow Solutions, and Phillips & Temro Industries, all realized portfolio company investments from Morgenthaler legacy funds.
Prior to 2005, Joe held various investment roles at American Capital Strategies, a mezzanine and equity buyout firm, and HCI/Thayer Capital Partners, a private equity firm. Joe began his career in the Mergers & Acquisitions department at Raymond James & Associates, a regional investment bank focused on lower middle market companies.
- Princeton University (B.A. in Economics)
- Harvard Business School (M.B.A. with Distinction)
- MPE Partners Announces the Sale of Glass Technology Concepts, LLC
- MPE Partners Announces the Sale of Trachte USA
- MPE Partners Announces Investment In Arizona Shower Doors
- MPE Partners Announces the Sale of United Pipe & Steel, Inc.
- MPE Partners Announces the Recapitalization of Polytek Development Corp.
- MPE Partners Announces Polytek Development Corp’s Acquisition of Alumilite Corporation
- MPE Partners Announces Polytek Development Corp’s Acquisition of Raw Material Suppliers
- MPE Partners Announces an Investment in DreamLine
- MPE Partners Announces the Merger of its Portfolio Company Polytek Development Corp. with California Medical Innovations
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Closes MPE Partners II at $250M Hard Cap
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Announces the Recapitalization of B&E Group, LLC
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Announces the Recapitalization of Trachte, Inc.
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Announces the Recapitalization of Polytek Development Corp.
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Announces the Recapitalization of United Pipe and Steel Corp.