Value-added distributor of fasteners and MRO products serving a range of industrial end markets.
Active. Seeking add-on acquisitions to add new product categories and expand geographically.
Recapitalization of the company. MPE partnered in the transaction with the Somers family.
- Strong value proposition – for an OEM, C-parts such as fasteners represent a small portion of finished product cost but a significant portion of total procurement cost, and Mid-States addresses this customer pain point through their various value-added services
- Mid-States has a niche market position with mid-tier customers providing excellent customer service with the capabilities of national distributors
- Opportunity to further penetrate geographies surrounding existing branches by expanding wallet share with existing customers and winning new customers
- Robust new business pipeline, including a significant number of large opportunities with both existing and new customers
- Identify attractive new geographic markets to open new branches and drive new customer growth
- Execute on identified operational improvements to increase capacity, gain efficiencies, and enhance logistics
- Pursue strategic add-on acquisitions that present opportunities to expand geographically, add complementary product categories, and provide access to new customers or end markets