Karen joined Morgenthaler in 1995 and has been with MPE Partners since inception. As an MPE Partner, Karen serves on all transaction deal teams and works closely with the Firm’s portfolio companies, as a board member and/or as a deal team member, to set strategy, manage value creation initiatives, structure financings, and oversee liquidity events. Karen has 30 years of corporate finance investment experience, having originated, negotiated, and closed more than 60 investments and/or third‐party financing transactions in her career, including financings for platform acquisitions, add‐on acquisitions, restructurings, dividend recapitalizations, refinancings, sale/leaseback transactions, and staple financings for liquidity events.
Karen currently serves as Chairman of 80/20 and as a director of Teel Plastics. She is a former director of Bettcher Industries, dlhBOWLES, Plastic Components, Inc., Trachte, and United Pipe & Steel. Karen previously served as a director of Satellite Logistics Group and Avtron Aerospace, Inc., both realized portfolio company investments from Morgenthaler legacy funds. Karen is actively involved in the Association for Corporate Growth (“ACG”). She has served on the ACG Global Board, ACG Global Finance Committee, and is a former president and board member of ACG Cleveland. Karen is the inaugural recipient of the 2018 ACG Women in Transactions Deal Maker of the Year award, and a past Crain’s Cleveland Business Woman of Note.
Karen was previously with Carnegie Capital Management Company, a Cleveland, Ohio private money management firm, where she concentrated on portfolio management and public company analysis. Before joining Carnegie in 1987, she was a member of the international tax department at Hale and Dorr, a law firm in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Baldwin-Wallace College (B.A. in Business)
- Teel Plastics
- MPE Partners Announces the Sale of Plastic Components, Inc.
- MPE Partners to Sell Bettcher Industries to KKR
- MPE Partners and Plastic Components, Inc. Announce the Acquisition of Sports Molding, LLC
- MPE Partners Announces Investment in 80/20 Inc.
- MPE Partners Closes $420M Fund III
- MPE Partners Announces the Sale of Trachte USA
- MPE Partners Announces the Recapitalization of Teel Plastics
- MPE Partners Announces Bettcher Industries’ Acquisition of Cantrell
- MPE Partners and Plastic Components, Inc. Announce the Acquisition of Syracuse Plastics of North Carolina
- Karen Tuleta Receives ACG Women in Transactions Deal Maker of the Year Award
- MPE Partners Announces the Recapitalization of Bettcher Industries, Inc.
- MPE Partners Announces the Recapitalization of Plastic Components, Inc.
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Closes MPE Partners II at $250M Hard Cap
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Announces the Recapitalization of Trachte, Inc.
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Announces the Merger of its Portfolio Company, Bowles Fluidics Corporation, with DLH Industries, Inc.
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Announces the Acquisition of Bowles Fluidics Corporation
- Karen Tuleta Elected To ACG Global Board of Directors
- Morgenthaler Private Equity Announces the Recapitalization of United Pipe and Steel Corp.